No products in the cart.
“Hellhound is Monument’s third studio album consisting of 9 tracks of pure British heavy metal. Twin guitar melodies, loud bass tones, thundering drums and soaring tenor vocals are all present in abundance. Lyrically, the album draws inspiration from a variety of sources like history, urban London life, the occult and personal relationships. Tony Newton’s inclusion as the band’s producer has captured the band’s real sound for the first time and that sound is unmistakably British.”
Peter Ellis -the voice of MONUMENT- comments: “Hellhound is, in my opinion, the best album we have released so far in our career. The song writing is a lot more mature on this album and the songs are very cohesive. Musically, it is the natural progression of Hair Of The Dog, with lots of twin harmonies, loud lead bass tones etc. Lyrically, I drew inspiration from different sources and situations, like I usually tent to do, so it is a mixture of historical themes, urban London culture as well as some more lighthearted stuff which I do enjoy writing as well. Another big step up was the inclusion of Tony Newton to the team as our producer, which played a very big part in finally being able to capture the real sound of the band on tape and it is something we have always wanted to do. Monument is a “live” band and Tony was able to capture that in a really cool way.”
• Engineered by Dan Baune
• Produced and Mixed by Tony Newton (Iron Maiden – Producer of “The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter”) at Barnyard Studio, Essex, UK
• Mastered by Ade Emsley at Table of Tone Mastering
• Managed by Akis Kosmidis
• Artwork, Design and Layout by Stan-W Decker (Masterplan, Vanden Plas, Resurrection Kings, Stryper).
• Limited digipak CD version including three bonus tracks.
Official Release Date: 25/05/2018
1. William Kidd
2. The Chalice
3. Death Avenue
6. Wheels of Steel
7. The End
9. Straight Through the Heart
10. Creatures Of The Night
11. Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll (Rainbow Cover)
12. Deja vu (Iron Maiden Cover)